1) The competition is open to concert guitarrists worldwide – maximum age 35 years old on the 2 November 2011. All the persons who wish so may take part in the show except those who already won the first prize of the show in previous editions.
2) The competition will be hold at the Eduard Toldrà Auditorium of the Municipal Conservatorium of Music of Barcelona (110-112, Bruc Street).
3) The presentation at the draw to determine the order of participation will take place in the Municipal Conservatorium of Music of Barcelona on 2 November at 10.00 am. Should the participant fail to appear he/she would would be eliminated.
4) The competition consists of three parts:
THE FIRST PART (Classification), for all the participants. Obligatory works:
- "La filla del marxant" and "El noi de la mare", Miquel Llobet.
- "Tango", Emili Pujol.
THE SECOND PART (Semi-final), for classified guitarrists. Obligatory works:
- "Suite Española", Gaspar Sanz.
- "Preludio (Makyo)", Domènec González de la Rubia. (( Work choose by "Associació
Catalana de Compositors" ). Work on PDF www.certamenllobet.com.
THE THIRD PART (Final). 6 November, for the three finalists.These works will be
performed with strings quartet. The guitarrists must choose one of the following works:
- "Caprichos nº 1 (Homenaje a Federico García Lorca)", Leonardo Balada. Work
on PDF www.certamenllobet.com.
- "Quinteto para guitarra y cuarteto de cuerda", Leo Brouwer.
5) The application for enrolment should be addressed to the following postal address or e-mail
Certamen Internacional de Guitarra de Barcelona "Miquel Llobet"
Iberamerik Concert. c/ Segle XX, 37, bxs. 3ª esc. B (08041) Barcelona (SPAIN)
Last day for enrolment: 14 October 2011. More info at: www.certamenllobet.com
The following documents are required:
a) Curriculum vitae and artistic photo.
b) Identity card or Passport.
c) Receipt of enrolment fee.
6) The fee is 60 Euros and must be paid by bank transfer to: (indicating personal data)
LA CAIXA c/ Consell de Cent, 302 (08007) Barcelona
IBAN electronic format: ES8721000468050200271927
IBAN paper format: IBAN ES87 2100 0468 0502 0027 1927 SWIFT: CAIXESBB
Or PAYPAL: email@example.com
7) The enrollment covers the participation in the contest of guitar activities' as a no-cost and being a preferred member.
8) The awards are the following:
1st PRIZE: 5.000 Euros.
Ramírez Guitar (SRP Model)
Concerts: - Tour by Argentina and Chile.
- Tour by Spain. Juventudes Musicales Spain.
2nd PRIZE: 3.000 Euros.
Concert: - Sociedad Española de la Guitarra.
3rd PRIZE: 1.500 Euros.
Concert: - Festival de Guitarra Girona.
And the special prizes:
Llobet PRIZE. The best perfomance of Miquel Llobet's composition:
Concert: - Certamen Llobet 2012 (Barcelona).
ACC PRIZE. The best perfomance of the ACC work chosen:
Concert: - Avuimúsica (Barcelona).
The best Catalonian guitarrist classified:
Concerts: - Tour by Catalunya. Joventuts Musicals de Catalunya.
- Clàssica a Horta-Guinardó.
Concert: - Auditori Municipal Montcada i Reixac.
9) According to the ruling laws the corresponding income tax be deducted from prizes.
10) The Organizing Committeen is not responsable for the program dates of the concerts are part of the prizes.
11) All expenses (travelling, housing and maintenance) will be paid by candidates. The organization will pay housing expenses (just the place chosen by the organization) to the semifinalists until their participation will be finished.
12) The candidates must renounce all recording rights during the event.
13) Participants must abide by the rules of the competition and the decision of the Jury is final.
14) The Organizing Committeen is not responsable for what is not specified in the rules.